Vice-President of Commercial Building Consultants
Richard Gregor brings over 35 years of experience in engineering, architecture and development. Mr. Gregor earned a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Swarthmore College and completed all coursework for a Doctorate of Engineering from the Thayer School at Dartmouth College, where he was awarded a NASA Fellowship.
Prior to joining CBC, Richard Gregor managed a full service architectural/engineering firm, providing services to building owners, contractors, developers, and architects. He designed and built recreational homes in one of the country’s first planned sustainable open space communities, Eastman, and also worked with a home builder that used reclaimed timber in its post and beam structural, insulated panel clad homes.
As a Principal Engineer, he was responsible for over 1,000 individual and multifamily homes and the design of a 300 million dollar commercial and institutional building project. His expertise in sustainable design and renewable energy is valued by CBC clientele. The following is a list of Mr. Gregor’s past accomplishments in the field of sustainability.
Experience and Accomplishments
- Past President of Hanslin Design Studio, involved in sustainable community design
- Past General Manager and Treasurer of Yankee Barn Homes
- Designed passive solar mini-mall and subdivision
- Designed congregate care facility
- Energy Star manufactured home design
- Innovative sewage disposal/water conservation systems for New Hampshire Highway Safety Rest Areas
- Contractor for U.S. Department of Energy’s Building America Program’s Hickory Consortium established to catalyze a market transformation toward energy saving, sustainable homes
- Served the Massachusetts Tech Collaborative providing demonstration Solar and Biofuel Cogeneration projects
- Gas Turbine Preliminary Design Engineer at the Aircraft Engine Group, General Electric Company
- Preliminary design of the American SST engine and CF6 high bypass turbofan of the U.S. air carrier fleet
Memberships and Affiliations
- Registered Professional Engineer, in the states of Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire
- Member, ASHRAE
- Member, Boston Society of Architects
- Associate member, AIA
- Coach and Tournament Judge, Destination Imagination and Odyssey of the Mind programs
- Mentor, US FIRST Robotics Program
Mr. Gregor has lectured on sustainable, affordable modular housing, renewable energy, and building mechanical systems integration at numerous workshops and conferences. He is also an incorporator of the Greater Manchester Affiliate for Habitat for Humanity.